Adult Position Training for Troops, Packs, and Districts
Get the required position training for your role in Scouting, just in time for rechartering. These classes are also great for parents who want to be more familiar with Scouting.
You must be trained to position in order to serve in a leadership role as of February 28, 2023, for Hornets Nest and March 31, 2023, for Apache and Etowah. Don't delay: Every Scout deserves a trained leader!
1. Pack Committee/Pack Trainer, 8 AM to 12 noon.
2. Den Leader/Assistant Den Leader/Webelos Leader/Lion Guide, 8 AM to 12 noon.*
3. Cubmaster/Assistant Cubmaster, 8 AM to 12 noon.*
4. Troop Committee, 8 AM to 12 noon.
5. Scoutmaster/Assistant Scoutmaster, 8 AM to 2 PM.**
5. District Committee, 8 AM to 12 noon.
* Cubmasters, Den Leaders, and Assistants must also complete the online Hazardous Weather course. Please take this in advance of the position training; log in to my.scouting.org and click on the BSA Learning Center link.
** Scoutmasters and ASMs must complete the Outdoor Leadership Skills (OLS, offered March 11-12) and the Hazardous Weather online course.