Apache District Roundtable
Roundtable is a forum to give leaders program ideas; information on policy, events, and training opportunities; and an opportunity to share experiences and enjoy fun and fellowship with other Scouting leaders. The roundtable commissioner and staff demonstrate elements of a model meeting that leaders may use as a pattern for their own meetings. As a result of the roundtable experience, unit leaders will be inspired, motivated, and able to provide a stronger program for Scouts.
Apache District Roundtables are usually, the second Thursday of the Month, starting at 7:00 pm, held at St. Vincent dePaul Church, 6828 Old Reid Road, Charlotte, NC 28210. (map)
Date: Thursday, Janaury 14, 2021
FACE TO FACE MEETING
Time: 7:00 pm, starting with Cracker Barrel
7:30 pm General Meeting
8:15 pm Cub Scout and Boy Scout breakouts
Roundtable Meeting Agenda - click HERE
Upcoming Roundtable - January 14, 2021 meeting
Eagle Reviews will be @ 6:00 pm
District Committee Meeting will be @ 6:15 pm
General Roundtable will be @ 7:00 pm
Cub Scout breakout - Theme: PENDING
Boy Scout breakout - Theme: PENDING
In-person outdoor meeting for Scout leaders, 7:00 p.m.
Happy New Year Scout Leaders!
After numerous discussions with Council Leadership, we will hold the January 14 Roundtable outside in the parking lot of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church (6828 Old Reid RD, 28210). We request that all who can attend wear face masks and adhere to proper social distancing (6 feet). We will limit our total group size to 25 present at the same time.
This Roundtable meeting purpose is two-fold:
1. Scouting for Food door hangers will be available for pick up. Unit representatives may ‘drive by’ for grab-and-go pickup hangers for your Pack/Troop/Crew.
2. For those who wish to enjoy being outside of your home for a bit longer, you may partake in some hot cocoa and "leftover" Christmas cookies while catching up with your peers on your efforts to keep Scouting moving forward despite COVID-19. We will plan on sharing meeting and outing ideas for 2021 as well.
Soon to follow: more fun facts and successful tips for keeping the “outing” in Scouting in 2021.
YIS and Thank You
Apache Roundtable Commissioner
As promised: more fun facts and successful tips for keeping the “outing” in Scouting in 2021. (Leave Zoom in the room...!)
1. Spring Merit Badge Camp at Grimes April 9-11
2. Camp Grimes is open year-round for weekend adventures!
3. Den meetings and Saturday activities on local greenways, parks and trails...
4. Den meetings are also being held at the homes of Den Leaders on back yard patios.
Cub Scout Breakout / Boy Scout Breakout - COMBINED
Boy Scout Breakout
Cracker Barrel Corner - 7:00 pm / Hosted by TBD
Is your Unit interested in hosting Cracker Barrel one month? Please let Brady Drummond-Ryan know which month and what the menu will be at firstname.lastname@example.org.