MCC Pinewood Derby
Get your cars rolling!
Our event will be Saturday, March 16 on the campus of UNCC in the Cone University Center .
We will accept registrations until Thursday, March 14, so please spread the word to your Cub families!
Below is the tentative schedule of events (the Council site will be updated shortly and a note will be going out to all registered families):
- SIGN UP CLOSES THURSDAY, March 14
- Registration/weigh in starts Saturday 12 pm and ends at 1 pm, race will conclude around 5 pm. Review the guidelines carefully (available for download on the sign up link). Contact Rob with any logistical concerns. Racers must be in attendance to participate.
- Parking: Info to come
- RACING DETAILS:
- Following successful completion of registration, rosters will be loaded/updated in the computer
- Racing is tentatively set to start at 1 pm ... the track is 6 lanes, so each entry will have 6 races (one on each track)
- We expect the qualifying Heats to last 90-120 minutes. This is dependent on the number of last-minute entries, so we ask that families stay and cheer on the other Cubs so they dont miss their Heats.
- The Championship Heats will be run at the conclusion of the general races; we should be complete by 5 pm or so.
Please contact Brian Stanley at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns. Excited to get rolling again!
Check out the eBook on the science of and how to build PWD cars: turboderby.com/ebook
Zip over to the Pinewood Derby Hub for even more tips, tricks and information.
CUB SCOUTS... START YOUR ENGINES!!
Be sure to read and follow the Race Rules!
|2024 Pinewood Derby Rules