Girl Camporee of the Carolinas
We are SO excited that you Troop/Crew has decided to attend this event at Camp Grimes for our Fifth Year! We are eager to grow this event and have a goal to one year have over 1,000 girls in attendance!
For 2023 we have decided to change the format of the Camporee. The first half of the day will have Merit Badge & Non-Merit Badge Opportunities for Scouts, while the afternoon will be a skills-based competition between Patrols.
Each Troop needs to research and select a county. When discussing your country selection, please also consider asking your Troop lead morning or evening flags.
Your Troop will need to be prepared with the following from your selected country:
- Some General Knowledge
- A Contribution for the Interfaith Service
$35 for Adults, $45 for Youth Until September 30th . Then $50 Per Person Until October 6th.
REQUIRED FOR EVERY PARTICIPANT ARE PARTS A & B & INSURANCE CARD
BUILDING YOUR SCHEDULE:
Scouts will have the opportunity to take 1 Merit Badge from the list below or can build their 4-hour block with 2 selections from the NonMerit Badge Activities. Adult Leaders can choose from the Adult Leader Courses as well as climbing, fishing, and shooting sports.
Moring Merit Badge Classes (* denotes Eagle Required)
- Automotive Maintenance
- Woodworking--- NO LONGER AVAILABLE
- Family Life*
- Personal Fitness*
- Cit. In Society*
Non-Merit Badge Activities:
- Trail to First Class
- Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops
- Cope & Climb- 2-Hour Block
- Shooting Sports- 2-Hour Block, Archery & Rifle
- Fishing- 2-Hour Block
- Outdoor Ethics
Adult Training Courses:
- Leave No Trace/ Outdoor Ethics
- How To Hold Boards of Review
- What Is A Merit Badge Counselor
Afternoon Patrol Competition Elements: Goal to Complete your Patrols Passport
- Sloppy Camp (A Tidy Traveler)
- Scout Trivia Sheet (Scouting Heritage)
- Zipline Drop (Dropping In For a Visit)
- First Aid (Prepared For Life…. And Abroad)
- Troop Leadership Position Scramble
- Fire Building (The Olympic Torch)
- Ladder Building/ Lashing (Building Everest)
**Please note that a Patrol Roster will need to be turned in for EACH Patrol. If your Troop has 1 Patrol, only 1 Patrol Roster is needed.
We know your Troop is going to have a wonderful time and build some essential Scouting skills over the weekend. If you have any questions about the weekend feel free to reach out!
|2023 Girl Camporee Leaders Guide||Download|