The Council Eagle Project Review Committee has been receiving an abundance of Eagle Scout projects to review just prior to the Eagle candidate’s 18th birthday. This situation is causing a significant difficulty for both the candidate and the volunteer committee in reviewing and approving the project to accommodate the 18th birthday deadline. The Council Advancement Committee strongly recommends any projects to be reviewed should be submitted at least six months prior to the candidate’s 18th birthday.
There is now a new Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook, no. 512-927. The new version is a fillable PDF and is linked to this site. The workbook must be downloaded and completed on forms provided. Additional sheets may be added as necessary.
Some reminders to make the project process smoother:
- Read the entire Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook
- For convenience, a link to the required Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook is available below.
- The project review process has been amended. Please click HERE for updated information.
- The Eagle Scout project review is conducted in the district on the 2nd Thursday of the month. Please click HERE for additional information for time and location.
- Using the Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook and submitting the "Project Proposal" for final approval.
Some reminders to make the Eagle packet process smoother:
- All requirements for the Eagle Scout Rank, including the Scoutmaster's Conference, must be completed by the 18th birthday.
The Eagle Scout application includes six references (five it not employed). A sealed "Letter of Reference" from each of those references must be included with the Eagle Application. Refer to "Letter of Reference Policy and Guidelines" and "Letter of Reference" for more information.
- Blue cards are not required but are helpful in the verification process.
- Scheduling the Eagle Board of Review.
- General information.
Beginning now, you will have to download all materials related to procedures for becoming an Eagle Scout. These forms are no longer provided by the National Office.
You must have Adobe Reader to view the files below.
Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook ; No 512-927
Eagle Scout Rank Application (512-728) PDF
If you have any questions, please consult with your Scoutmaster or Eagle Scout Advisor. You may also contact Kris Evans here at our council with any questions.