Eagle Scout Service
Reviews will still be conducted on the 2nd Thursday of every month -
even if we don't have Roundtable!
Meeting at 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall/Conference Room
~ * ~
Appointments can still be made in June, July and December!!
(Our non-Roundtable months)
~ * ~
*** If your project is going to be done on Charlotte/Mecklenburg School
(CMS) property ***
Please be advised that "permission or approval" from the princlipal of the school
is not the "beneficiary approval" needed for your project.
You must go through CMS Property Management for the beneficiary approval.
The approval process for CMS can take several weeks - so please make sure you have enough time
- before you turn 18 -
to have the CMS beneficiary approval of your project and along with
the Etowah Eagle Service Project Reviewers approval.
~ * ~
Make sure you send an email - with your Name and Troop number
by the last day of the month to -
Appointments are not required, but they do prefer them to help them let the reviewers know you are coming.
They want to make sure they have enough reviewers on hand to get everyone in and out quickly.
~ * ~
Please make sure that all paperwork is filled out completely and
that all signatures needed on the forms have been acquired
before you bring your project to be reviewed.
~ * ~ * ~
Changes to the Eagle Scout Service Project Review
Effective March 20, 2013, the review of Eagle Scout Service Projects will transition from a Council function (previously held on the third Tuesday of each month at the Scout Office) to a District function conducted on the second Thursday of each month at the same location as District Roundtables. Conducting reviews at the District level achieves the following:
· District meeting locations are more conveniently located within each District.
· Meeting times will better accommodate a Scout’s after school activities.
· Reduce congestion at the Scout Office.
Eagle Scout Service Projects must be presented to the District Review Committee at the start of the meeting by the Scout or his representative. Projects will not remain in the custody of the District Review Committee and must be taken home by the Scout or his representative before the meeting is over.
Projects will be reviewed in order, as follows:
1) Projects from a Scout or representative who sends an email by the last calendar day of the prior month indicating that the Scout will be present (and the Scout is present) will be reviewed first.
2) Projects for a Scout who arrives with his Project (without prior email notification) will be reviewed next.
3) Projects where the Scout is not present will be reviewed last.
Email addresses and meeting details are:
Morning Star Lutheran Church
12509 Idlewild Road
Matthews, NC 28105
Meeting at 5:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall/Conference Room